Format & Call Letters
News/Sports/Talk Talk - KMAN 1350 AM, 93.3 FM, 93.7
KMAN is Manhattan's News/Sports/Talk Station for over 70 years.
KMAN News Talk provides local coverage of the Manhattan, Wamego, Junction City, and Fort Riley areas.
KMAN NewsTalk delivers intelligent talk from local and national talk leaders, providing clear and well-thought-out positions on issues being discussed across the country.
More Adults Listen To News Talk Radio 6 am-7 pm Than Any Other Radio Format!
KMAN NewsTalk is targeted to reach affluent Men 30+ with high earning power in their prime spending years.
- The News Talk Format is the No.1 format in weekday mornings across America.
- The News Talk Format dominates adults aged 35 + and is #1 with 55+ plus listeners.
- The News Talk Format has some of the most educated and affluent listeners.
- The News Talk Format has an equal balance of listeners at home & away.
- The News Talk Format is the 2nd most listened to format in the 25-64 demo.
Research has shown that News Talk Radio is 3.3 times more effective in general advertising results than music stations, making it a must-buy for advertisers wanting to increase business.
According to Nielsen’s 2017 format ratings, news/talk grew its 6+ share and is the #1 format in AQHs (average quarter-hour). In the affluent 25 to 54 it ranks #2 overall.
We're proud to have won the Kansas Association of Broadcasters' Station of the Year Award three times.
KMAN is a Manhattan Broadcasting Company station and is proud to serve Manhattan and surrounding areas.
KMAN is the Flagship Station for K-State Sports. No one carries more Kansas State University sports than KMAN. From our more than 20 years hosting our own football pregame show Powercat Gameday, to covering men’s and women’s basketball and originating KSU Baseball and Volleyball, “The Cats Play Here”.
KMAN NewsTalk format is a very effective way to reach new customers with a high disposable income.
KMAN NewsTalk targets listeners in their prime spending years.
Age Profile: KMAN NewsTalk targets the affluent Adults 35 to 64 and Men 35 to 64. Approximate age breakdown of News Talk listeners across America.
- Adults 18-34: 15%
- Adults 35-54: 35%
- Adults 55-64: 25%
- Adults 65+ : 25%
Gender Profile: Approximately 70% of KMAN NewsTalk's listeners are males, 30% are females. 70% of this consumer group falls significantly into the important 25-64 age group.
Marital Status: Over 70% of KMAN NewsTalk's listeners are married or engaged.
Investments: KMAN NewsTalk targets listeners who have high incomes, are homeowners and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, and investment real estate.
Occupation Profile: KMAN NewsTalk targets individuals who are employed full-time in a variety of occupations including owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical.
Education Profile: The News/Talk Format attracts listeners that are some of the most educated of all listeners to radio.
- 56% Completed College or more.
- 18% Have completed some college.
- 22% Completed high school.
- 74% of KMAN NewsTalk's listeners have attended college.
Activities: KMAN NewsTalk attracts listeners who actively participating in exercise and fitness, biking, golfing, gardening, and hiking. KMAN NewsTalk listeners enjoy going out to music concerts, sporting events, bars, and restaurants.
KMAN NewsTalk listeners are a demographically appealing group that includes high-income earners and is a very effective way to reach new customers.
Market Your business to thousands of potential customers each week with KMAN NewsTalk Radio.
KMAN NewsTalk listeners have high disposable income.
Approximately 65% of KMAN NewsTalk listeners have a household income between $50,000 to $75,000+
The News/Talk format targets listeners with high earning power in America.
- Over 40% of news/talk listeners across America have an income of over $75,000.
- Over 24% of news/talk listeners across America have an income of $50,000 - $74,999.
- Over 23% of news/talk listeners across America have an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
KMAN NewsTalk Radio is one of the most powerful performing formats for advertisers today!
KMAN NewsTalk listeners in the past year:
- Purchased a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, and HDTVs.
- We're big consumers of furniture, mattresses, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchase fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skincare products.
- Enjoyed going out to fine restaurants often every month. Over 80% went out in the past month.
KMAN NewsTalk listeners are in their prime income and spending years.
KMAN NewsTalk Listeners Have Spending Power!
KMAN NewsTalk targets homeowners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: KMAN NewsTalk listeners spend heavily in these areas.
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
Over 50% spent more than $5000-$10,000 on home improvements and renovation in the past two years.
KMAN NewsTalk Radio targets listeners with purchasing power.
KMAN NewsTalk Is Built For Advertisers
News Talk is radio' s most-listened-to format, capturing approximately a 17% share of radio listening among all listeners, age 12 and older.
News Talk radio is foreground radio. Unlike music radio, talk radio commands attention. Talk radio listeners aren't just button-pushers who stop pushing buttons when they hear a song they like. They're LISTENING, closely.
News Talk radio is the best environment for an advertising message. Because Talk Radio is spoken word, commercials don't interrupt programming the way they halt music Radio. In music Radio, the common tune-out is when a commercial begins. Yet Talk listeners regard commercials as informative.
News Talk radio is a resource. Because listeners use it for news, weather, sports scores, and business news, listeners find talk radio informative. They BELIEVE what they hear.
News Talk radio listeners are more involved. Because they're paying attention, and bonding with on-air personalities, they're more likely to respond to advertising messages.
KMAN NewsTalk is unique among other radio formats. Due to the nature of this format, people listen to KMAN NewsTalk differently.
KMAN NewsTalk is a high impact foreground listening medium. We cater to affluent, fast-paced professionals who love to hear the latest news, sports, weather events and stories.
KMAN NewsTalk listeners are actively listening to get the information they want. Your commercial message cuts through and gets heard on KMAN NewsTalk.
KMAN NewsTalk is built for advertisers. We deliver an affluent audience that can't be reached by any other radio station making KMAN NewsTalk a great investment to help you get more customers.
The KMAN NewsTalk/Talk format is one of the strongest radio formats in the USA today!
The KMAN NewsTalk Line-up Monday To Friday
KMAN NewsTalk features some of the most highly-rated local and national News/Talk programming.
- First Light
- Morning News is your source for local news, weather, and sports.
- In Focus - Interviews, and topics with local newsmakers.
- Clark Howard-Financial advice.
- Rush Limbaugh - Political commentary
- Dan Patrick - Sports and entertainment
- The Game - Local sports Talk
- ESPN Radio
- Jim Bohannon
- Coast to Coast AM
- Kim Komando
- Blueville's Horticulture Hints
- Under The Hood
The KMAN NewsTalk sales team can help you make the right marketing decisions to grow your business and reach thousands of potential new customers each week.
Spring 19/Fall 19 Nielsen Highlights
# 1 Morning Drive Adults 35+ Tri-County
#1 Adults 35+ Tri-County
#1 Morning Drive Persons 12+ Riley Co.
#1 Adults 35+ Riley Co.
#2 Men 25-54 (tie) Riley Co.
Promote your business to over 13,500 potential customers with high disposable income on KMAN.
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here